Help us spread the word about WANDA’s impact.
We invite you to share the information and graphics below with your
networks in the lead up to SVGives on May 3, 2016.
Easy things you can do on Facebook
to support WANDA
Change your Facebook cover photo
Make the WANDA SV Gives graphic your cover photo.
Click on image to download full-sized graphic
Share infographics in your status updates
Click on images to open full-sized versions, then right click (PC) or control+click (Mac) to download
Pair the infographics with these Calls to Action
Promote the new WANDA video
Send an email
Help us grow the network of WANDA supporters.
Cut and paste the sample email below to send to your colleagues, friends and family.
Subject: Let’s Eliminate Poverty. One Single Mother at a Time.
Hi [friends and colleagues],
I want you to know about WANDA Silicon Valley, an organization that helps low-income single mothers gain economic self-sufficiency. WANDA offers a three-year program that consists of financial training, matched savings, and networking to build assets and establish successful livelihoods.
I am excited to be supporting WANDA during Silicon Valley Gives on May 3, 2016 and I hope you will join me.
Did you know?
According to a report, to truly make ends meet in San Mateo County, a family of three with one adult, one school-aged child and one preschooler needs an annual income of at least $66,560. The majority of moms in WANDA make less than $28,000 a year.
• 19% of Bay Area families are headed by single mothers.
• Single mother families in the Bay Area have the highest poverty rate, with 84,117 unable to provide basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
• 2 out of 3 single mother families in the Bay Area fall below the Self-Sufficiency Standard; 50% of them are at least $20,000 below the standard.
• In San Mateo County, nearly 70% of single mother households live below the standard.
Since its founding in 2007, WANDA has enrolled 200 success-minded single mothers who are employed but fall below the self-sufficiency level. They provide a 2:1 match to monthly savings over three years in addition to a financial, personal and professional development program.
Assets acquired by WANDA graduates
• 72% invested in college education
• 41% opened new retirement accounts
• 13% purchased new homes
• Average income gain of at least $10,000 per year
Achievements for all WANDA Participants
• 100% have savings accounts
• 67% of their children are saving money for the future
• More than $750,000 in total savings
I would personally appreciate it if you could do these easy things to help us spread the word about WANDA and the single moms and their children we serve.
• Like WANDA on Facebook at facebook.com/wandasiliconvly
• Share this video about WANDA with your networks
• Donate online during SVGives 2016 on May 3 at https://svgives.razoo.com/us/story/Wanda
• Forward this email to others and help spread the word about WANDA.
For more information visit the WANDA website.